Creating a blog for your business may seem like an easy way to communicate to your customers and clients. It is – as long as you keep your blog posts consistently updated with information that brings value to your readers.
We’ve hunted down five great blogs maintained by Seattle area businesses across several industries, which we feel offer interesting, informative content to their readers on a regular basis. We thought these small business blogs deserved a little shout out for their hard work!
So here they are, with no further ado (and in no particular order):
- Victrola Coffee Roasters Blog: Highlighting special coffee roasts, listing out facts and tasting notes on new coffees, and highlighting interesting little tidbits of news about Victola itself or coffee it sells, this blog is a great example of how to add depth to a simply good coffee shop. These folks post on their blog about once a month, which is just about right – not too much, but not too sporadic either. Posting more on a twice-monthly schedule for more consistency would be better, but overall they have a pretty good thing going on their blog.
- VAIN Salon Blog: These hairstylists and hair artists do more than just promote their products and services – they get involved with their community and what’s happening around them! We love how they got behind the Referendum 74 movement and showed their support for something bigger than Vain. Back to the basics of their blog, though, VAIN is really good about staying active with events in addition to promoting their services.
- Madrona Solutions Group Blog: Not only did Seattle Business Magazine list them as the #1 Small Business winner for thecompetition for Best Companies to Work for in Seattle in 2010, but they also have a great blog. With tips and education on SalesForce, data management, and other techy tidbits of information, Madrona is doing an excellent job of bringing value to their readers. So apparently, they’re a darn good business all around – doing everything they can to keep their customers and employees happy!
- Ethan Stowell Restaurants Blog: This restaurateur’s eatery creations have become renowned in Seattle, from Anchovies & Olives and Tavolata, to Staple & Fancy and How to Cook a Wolf. Ethan Stowell’s newest creation, Rione XIII, has also created quite a stir. But we’re talking about his blog. It’s good that Stowell uses one blog for all of his restaurants – the regularly updated system keeps readers up to date with the latest events and happenings at all Ethan Stowell eateries, highlighting special menu previews and spotlighting benefits and ticketed activities. It’s a great balance of information and mouth-watering influence to drop by one of the restaurants.
- Meadow Seattle Blog: It’s hard to have a blog about your apparel store without getting too sales-y and causing readers to turn away, but we think Meadow has done a great job. Timely, consistent, and beautiful, their blog has great imagery of the products they have in the store now, tailored to be interesting and engaging with their reading audience. With the holidays coming, they’ve highlighted gifts of course, as well as holiday party apparel and open house events they’re holding to celebrate the season.
Great job to the businesses we’ve mentioned, and to the many others that are out there!
As you can see from the infographic above, blogging can really help your small business gain new customers. For those considering the creation of a blog for your business, or in the process of re-thinking your business blog strategy, we recommend the following tips:
- Keep it Interesting: No one wants to have sales-y jargon stuffed down their throats – they’ll stop reading.
- Keep it Relevant: Focus on what your business does, is doing, and where you’re at by highlighting relevant content that might not be about you.
- Keep it Consistent: You won’t gain a following of readers (and potential customers) unless they know when you’ll post! They need to see that you’re posting at least once a month to know when to come back.
Comments are closed.